Brian J. Crepeau - Partner
As chair of RMG's nationally-recognized Tax Controversy group, Brian J. Crepeau's initial goal when providing representation to his clients is to lend clarity to complex legal situations. This personal approach enables the client's understanding of the challenges ahead, and outlines a unique case strategy, all with the ultimate goal of achieving the best possible outcome.
As a seasoned tax attorney, Certified Public Accountant and Certified Fraud Examiner, Brian has a unique and well-rounded understanding of the intricacies between law, accounting and business matters. This allows Brian to provide an informed course of action on matters that normally require multiple professionals to handle.
Brian concentrates on federal and state tax controversy matters for individual and corporate taxpayers. He represents clients in all phases of administrative disputes before the Internal Revenue Service and Comptroller of Maryland and litigates tax cases before the United States Tax Court.
Brian also provides litigation support and expert testimony in the areas of taxation, fraud, income analysis and business structures. Additionally, Brian leads a team of multi-faceted professionals in conducting complex and high-stakes internal investigations.
As a certified FINRA Arbitrator, Brian also advises on disputes involving brokers, financial planners and investment advisers.
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D. (2003)
- Bridgewater State University, B.S. in Management Science-Accounting (1997)
- U.S. Tax Court
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Understanding the CARES Act: Key Benefits for Small Businesses and Related Planning Opportunities", American Academy of Attorney-CPAs, Baltimore, MD
- Speaker, "The Basics of Civil Tax Controversies Including 10 Things Every Lawyer Should Know", Anne Arundel County Bar Association, Annapolis, MD
- Speaker, "Identify Fraud", Accounting 101 for Attorneys, NBI, Inc., Baltimore, MD
- Speaker, "IRS Examinations", Federal Tax Update/Independent Contractor vs. Employee & IRS Examinations, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants, Southern Maryland Chapter, La Plata, MD